For medical researchers aspiring to develop their research skills, the second issue of High Yield Medical Reviews journal has been published, and here is a summary of the published articles:
- The use of open access data to publish new findings not previously reported has expanded in the last years, considering the expansion of openly accessible datasets in medicine. Alryalat at al. published the first guideline paper to follow when writing manuscripts for research done on openly published dataset: Reporting studies conducted using Open Access Data (ROAD) guideline statement: Reporting studies conducted using Open Access Data
- Large Language Models (LLM), including ChatGPT and Bard, can be used in medical research and scientific writing. Abu-Jeyyab et al. a comprehensive review that highlights LLM current research status and potential applications within the medical domain: Harnessing Large Language Models in Medical Research and Scientific Writing: A Closer Look to The Future: LLMs in Medical Research and Scientific Writing
- As survey projects are the most common study design in medical research, HYMR dedicated a review to delve into the details of using LLM, mainly ChatGPT, in medical survey projects in medicine by AlSamhori et al.: ChatGPT Role in a Medical Survey
- There is a growing demand on medical imaging in the recent years to be used in artificial intelligence and medical research. The article by Musleh et al. reviewed existing annotation software currently available that can be used in image processing: Image Annotation Software for Artificial Intelligence Applications
- Article retraction is an action taken by a journal to withdraw a published article. Analysis of reasons of retracted article provide insight to prospective researchers and policymakers to avoid such reasons. Zghoul et al. analyze retracted articles published by Jordanian authors in the period between 2001 to 2022: Analysis of retracted articles by Jordanian authors: Analysis of retracted articles by Jordanian authors
Consider publishing in High Yield Medical Reviews (HYMR) by contacting the journal on your research idea (firstname.lastname@example.org) or directly submit your research through the submission system. HYMR aim to publish on two main categories: articles that study and support medical research in general and provide valuable insight to medical researchers, and articles that support practicing physicians with quality and up-to-date evidence on topics of the highest yield to their practice. HYMR is published in collaboration with Jordan Medical Association (JMA). All articles published in HYMR are currently indexed in CrossRef, and are accessible on Google Scholar, ResearchGate, ORCID, and Publons.