Here is a template to use for a systematic review protocol
Systematic review Template
Here are some tips for users to help them write their systematic review protocol using the provided template:
- Title: Choose a clear, concise, and descriptive title that reflects the scope and purpose of the systematic review. Make sure the title highlights the main topics and research question being addressed.
- Overview: Provide a brief background of the subject area and the rationale for conducting the systematic review. This section should set the context and explain why the review is important or necessary.
- Objectives: Clearly state the primary and secondary objectives of the systematic review. The primary objective should focus on the main research question, while secondary objectives can address additional questions or subtopics related to the primary objective.
- Methods: Explain the methodology that will be followed in conducting the systematic review, including adherence to guidelines such as PRISMA and registration on platforms like PROSPERO.
- Search Strategy: Detail the databases that will be searched, the date when the search will be conducted, and the search terms that will be used. Be explicit about any time or language restrictions that will be applied.
- Study Selection: Specify the inclusion and exclusion criteria for studies, as well as the study types that will be considered. Describe the process of study selection, including screening and full-text review, and mention the use of any specific tools or platforms, such as Rayyan.
- Main Outcomes: Clearly define the primary and secondary outcomes of interest. These should be directly related to the research question and should guide the data extraction process.
- Data Extraction and Quality Assessment: Explain how data will be extracted from the selected studies, including the variables that will be collected and the process for resolving discrepancies. Describe the tools that will be used to assess the risk of bias and the quality of the included studies.
- Role of Funding and Conflict of Interests: Declare any funding sources or potential conflicts of interest related to the systematic review.
- Supplementary Material: Provide any additional information, such as full search queries for each database, which may be helpful to readers or necessary for the review process.
Remember to use the provided template as a guide, making any necessary modifications to suit the specific needs of the systematic review project.