Descriptive Statistics Tool
Instructions for using the "Descriptive Table Generator" tool
- Navigate to the Medical Research Tool webpage.
- Click the "Choose File" or "Browse" button to upload your Excel file (.xls or .xlsx format) containing your data. Ensure that your data is properly formatted, with the first row containing column names and subsequent rows containing data.
- The tool will display the first 10 rows of your data as a preview. Review the preview to ensure the correct data has been uploaded.
- In the "Select Columns for Descriptive Table" section, you'll see a list of checkboxes with column names. Check the boxes next to the columns you want to include in the descriptive table.
- Click the "Generate Descriptive Table" button to create a table with the selected columns. The table will display the following information for each column:
- For non-scale columns (dichotomous or ordinal, with less than 6 unique values): Frequency and percentage of each unique value.
- For scale columns: Mean and standard deviation.
Note: Refer to data cleaning tool if your data is still not cleaned yet, meaning that responses in each column is not consistent.
Importance of the "Descriptive Table Generator" tool
The Descriptive Table Generator tool is a valuable resource for medical researchers working on research projects that involve data analysis. By quickly generating descriptive statistics for selected columns, researchers can gain insights into their data, identify patterns or trends, and make informed decisions about further analysis.
This tool can save time and effort by automating the process of calculating essential statistics, such as mean, standard deviation, frequency, and percentage. By providing a user-friendly interface, the tool makes it easy for researchers to analyze their data without requiring advanced programming or statistical skills.